Atrial fibrillation: medical treatment and folk remedies
At a certain point in life, each person experienced a heart rhythm disorder. The natural motor then begins to pound wildly, surrendering to the throbbing in the temples, then, on the contrary, knocks with interruptions, “rolling” almost to the throat. This condition is called arrhythmia. Its occurrence is associated with stress, heavy physical exertion, and a sense of fear. An arrhythmia with a beautiful epithet “atrial” characterizes a rhythm disorder, in which the atria cease to function in concert. And this is very serious. According to statistics, atrial fibrillation is often diagnosed. Treatment and attitudes must be very responsible. Only in this case, the forecast is quite favorable.
Heart causes of illness
The main cause of atrial fibrillation lies in the malfunction of the cardiac conduction system.As a result, the normal contraction of muscle fibers is disrupted. The atria are not able to produce one strong push every second. Small and frequent shaking occurs. As a result, the blood flow is not pushed into the ventricles. Doctors are many culprits of this phenomenon.
Atrial fibrillation, which is being treated quite successfully today, can be triggered by cardiac causes:
- High blood pressure.Hypertension makes the heart work in a heightened rhythm. The vessels receive significant blood flow. From excessive load, the heart muscle is stretched, increases in size and, naturally, weakens. Such a state provokes violations of sinus nodes and conductive beams.
- Artery disease. All components of the system need constantly flowing blood. It is through the arteries that oxygen moves. Due to illness, normal delivery is disrupted, the function is performed poorly.
- Heart defects. Defects of the aortic or mitral valve provoke atrial fibrillation. Quite often it is the cause of the disease in young people. Due to the loose closure of the valve, part of the blood returns to the atria. Here it is mixed with venous. As a result, the walls and volume of the atria increases.And this leads to a weakening of the heart and the deterioration of its functioning.
- Surgical interventions.A person who has undergone an operation on the heart may damage the conductive fibers and form scar tissue. Replacing unique cells, it causes impulses to pass in other ways.
- Heart failure. The disease may be the cause, and may be a consequence of the disease. Overworked from hypertension or vice, the heart works much worse. Automatism of the muscle is completely disturbed.
- Myocarditis and pericarditis.These diseases are characterized by inflammation of the walls of the heart. Naturally, conductivity suffers as a result. Signals sent by the sinus node or the nervous system remain unattended in the heart regions.
- Tumors.Education data disrupts functioning. As a result, heart tumors do not conduct the necessary impulses. And, of course, provoke serious violations.
The disease can be triggered by other factors. Therefore, if something is peculiar to you from the below, and from time to time you experience interruptions in the functioning of the heart, you may have atrial fibrillation.Treatment should begin only after a full examination. After all, the symptoms of many diseases are quite similar. The main non-cardiac reasons include:
- Alcohol and nicotine.Excessive doses of "hot drinks" can cause an attack of atrial fibrillation. Nicotine, cocaine, amphetamine can provoke not only the disease, but also serious heart damage.
- Stress.Any nervous shocks provoke disorder in the work of the nervous system. And this directly affects the heart rhythm. Another disadvantage is the increased content of adrenaline, which causes an increase in strokes.
- Caffeine.It is no secret that excessive use of this substance causes a rapid pulse. It is worth noting that strong tea contains a decent dose of caffeine.
- Physical exercise.Strengthened muscle system requires additional blood flow. It is noted that in such cases, the heart accelerates its rhythm twice. Sometimes the conducting system simply does not have time to coordinate the correct work.
- Medication.Some drugs (atropine, adrenaline, diuretics) disrupt the balance of trace elements involved in the creation of an impulse.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.An increase in the level of hormones characteristic of hyperthyroidism significantly increases the number of heartbeats. And this leads to irregular rhythm.
- Viral diseases. An increase in temperature causes an acceleration of the pulse. 1 degree increases heart rate by 10 beats per minute. In addition, intoxication disrupts the functioning of the nervous system. Taken together, these aspects can trigger disruptions.
- Eating Disorder.Various diets or the wrong approach to the diet can remove vital potassium, magnesium and calcium from the body. The lack of such elements violates the automatism of the heart. As a result, the impulse may not be formed or conducted.
- Lung disease.Problems with the respiratory system often cause oxygen starvation. This is quite bad for the heart. As a rule, the lack of oxygen leads to the formation of irregular pulses.
- Diabetes. This disease, accompanied by obesity, disrupts the body's metabolism. All systems suffer from a lack of normal blood supply. Of course, the brain and the heart are the most sensitive to the lack of oxygen.As a result, their functioning is impaired.
Types of atrial fibrillation
This disease is a fairly common pathology. In the list of reasons for hospitalization, it ranked third. Because of the possible complications is dangerous, especially for the elderly. Severe consequences can occur if you do not pay due attention to such a serious manifestation as atrial fibrillation. Symptoms and treatment largely depend on the type of disease.
There are such forms:
- Recurrent. This diagnosis is made after several attacks.
- Paroxysmal.This form is characterized by spontaneous recovery of rhythm during the week.
- PersistentIf symptoms last for more than one week, this form of the disease is diagnosed.
- Long persistent. Immediate hospitalization requires this atrial fibrillation. The treatment requires a very long, usually about one year.
- Constant.Diagnosed with a sufficiently long absence of normal sinus rhythm. It is characterized by high duration.
The main symptoms
One of the main signs is an increase in the number of heart contractions. In some cases, the atria carry up to 600 beats per minute.This frantic heart rhythm is not able to withstand, so it takes a break. The patient has a feeling that the natural motor is beating, then it stops knocking altogether. However, the opposite symptoms may be observed. A slowed heartbeat can be characterized by atrial fibrillation. Symptoms and treatment of this form vary. Therefore, it is quite important not to joke with this disease and not to self-medicate.
The main symptoms include:
- chest pain;
- shortness of breath, feeling of lack of air;
- dizziness, fainting, darkening of the eyes;
- increased sweating, nausea;
- irregular heartbeat, sometimes pulse deficit;
- anxiety, panic, fear of death;
- increased urination (associated with increased pressure).
Do not forget that the complaints of patients vary. The signs of the disease depend on the degree of the disorder, on the individual characteristics of the patient. Some cases are generally asymptomatic. Only during the examination, as a rule, on a completely different occasion, is a rhythm disturbance detected.
Caution! First attack
The disease increases the risk of a possible stroke, the development of heart failure.So remember, if you have a diagnosis of atrial fibrillation, treatment with folk remedies, or following recommendations like standing on your head or drinking valerian, this is not what you need. A more serious approach is needed here.
It is very important for the first time to feel a rhythm disturbance, to call an ambulance. As a rule, the patient is offered hospitalization. If the attack occurred for the first time, it is recommended not to abandon the hospital. Indeed, in a hospital, an effective treatment for such a serious disease as atrial fibrillation will be selected much faster. Tablets "Kordaron" ("Amiokordin" or "Amiadaron") allow you to interrupt the attack. These drugs are globally recognized as the best antiarrhythmic. But, unfortunately, the medicine does not work only in all cases - only in 60%.
If a seizure that is caused by atrial fibrillation is not stopped, treatment (Cordarone pills, as already noted, is not always effective) is cardioversion. This is electric pulse therapy. Anesthesia is administered to the patient and the heart rhythm is restored. Hold it with the help of the same "Cordaron".
In the presence of thyroid disease, this drug, unfortunately, is not recommended. After all, it contains iodine.
In general, if we talk about the accepted standards of treatment of atrial fibrillation, then emergency relief for this disease is not necessary. After all, the threat of life is not in question. That is why initially used pills or intravenous droppers. And only in the case of the ineffectiveness of such funds prescribed electropulse therapy.
The attack can end as suddenly as it appeared. Sometimes it passes in a few minutes. But it happens that its duration is calculated in hours, and sometimes in days. If you feel an irregular heartbeat, you should definitely inform your doctor about this fact. If the attack was delayed for several hours, you should urgently call for medical assistance.
The treatment of atrial fibrillation depends on the form of the disease. Tactics are aimed at restoring, with subsequent maintenance, sinus rhythm, preventing the recurrence of seizures, strict control over the frequency of cardiac contractions and the prevention of blood clots.
If a patient is diagnosed with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, treatment includes the use of the following drugs:
All medications are administered under strict control of the electrocardiogram and blood pressure. These indicators allow you to determine whether the choice of drugs is effective, because atrial fibrillation is very individual. Drug treatment includes taking drugs that improve the well-being of patients. They are aimed at reducing shortness of breath, weakness. This means "Anaprilin", "Digoxin" and "Verapamil."
Atrial fibrillation, which lasts more than two days, can trigger the formation of blood clots. To avoid such a serious complication, doctors include the drug Warfarin in the complex treatment.
If a chronic form of the disease is diagnosed, doctors recommend taking permanently assigned adrenoblockers. In this case, it is rather important to establish the cause of the attack. In those patients whose rhythm disturbance was triggered by the underlying disease, doctors begin treatment with it.
With repeated attacks, doctors are considering more cardinal methods. Treatment of atrial fibrillation of a permanent form often consists of implantation of a pacemaker.
Initially, doctors are trying to stabilize the patient's condition with drugs. If there are no positive results, doctors consider the more serious treatment that atrial fibrillation needs. The operation becomes the only chance to overcome the disease. Today there are several types of surgery.
- Catheter ablationThis method is considered low-impact, since it does not require large cuts. As a rule, a permanent atrial fibrillation leads to surgery. Treatment begins with research. And only after identifying the zones that provoke a rhythm disturbance, the doctor destroys the cells that make the atria blink. The operation is performed under local anesthesia. As a rule, the intervention occurs through the subclavian vein.
- Pacemaker implantation. In some cases, surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation is to install a special medical device. Only in this way it is possible to restore the normal rhythm of heart contractions. The function of the pacemaker can be to reduce only the atrium or in combination with the ventricles.Most modern devices are very easily adapted to all human needs. Thus, with patient activity, the device can accelerate the rhythm to provide the necessary blood flow to the muscles and lungs.
Of course, the pacemaker brings many benefits. It will not only improve the condition, but also allow you to become more resilient. It is important not to forget that the body constantly carries a complex device. Some restrictions are imposed on a person with such a pacemaker.
We'll have to take a ban on:
- MRI (only CT is allowed);
- Ultrasound in the area of the pacemaker;
- impact on the body of electric current (cosmetic procedures, operations, life).
It is necessary to listen to your well-being and not to burden yourself with excessive loads. Do not forget that atrial fibrillation requires compulsory prophylaxis. Treatment with folk remedies (as an additive to the main therapy) will help support the body. Many recipes, invented by ancestors, will protect against the occurrence of new attacks.
Achieving the two main objectives can stabilize a disease such as atrial fibrillation. Treatment of folk remedies fully takes them into account.It is about restoring a normal rhythm and keeping it, thereby eliminating the risk of a new attack. For this purpose, various medicinal herbs are used. It is important to understand that it combines the treatment of atrial fibrillation drugs (medicinal) and folk remedies. Only such an integrated approach can guarantee effective results.
- Hawthorn berriesIntroduction to the diet of this product allows you to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, improve the functioning of the arteries and the heart. Active substances found in abundance in hawthorn help stabilize blood pressure. And, not least, reduce the excitability of the nervous system and heart. Hawthorn restores the necessary balance in the body of sodium and potassium. Namely, these substances are responsible for the normal conductance of the pulses. Thus, the arrhythmia is significantly reduced.
- Motherwort.Amazing plant allows to lower blood pressure, fights blood clots, perfectly soothes the nervous system. Improving the work of the vessels that feed the heart, stabilizes the rhythm.One tablespoon of a mixture of dry herbs poured a glass of boiling water. After 15 minutes the infusion is fully prepared. You can use the finished product, which is sold in pharmacies. About 30-50 drops should be diluted in water. It is necessary to accept means 3-4 times a day within a month.
- A mixture of tinctures. One of the effective and simple recipes stabilizes atrial fibrillation. Treatment of folk remedies in this case involves mixing tinctures of valerian, hawthorn and motherwort. Need one bottle of each component. Use glassware. Drain all three ingredients, leave to infuse the composition for a day. This mixture should be taken for two months. Daily (3-4 times) drink one teaspoon.
A person who has been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, folk treatment prescribes to pay attention not only to medical drugs and herbs, but also to take care of the right diet. There are foods that contain a large amount of vitamins, trace elements, and fat-splitting substances. That they should give preference.
Remember, as a preventive measure, you must enter the following foods into your daily diet:
- oranges, lemons;
- garlic, onion;
- walnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashews;
- Kalina, cranberries;
- dried fruits: dried apricots, raisins, prunes;
- sprouted wheat grains;
- vegetable oils;
- dairy products.
Exclude from your food chocolate, coffee, alcohol, lard, fatty meat. Enough in eating floury, sweet dishes, smoked meats, canned food, rich broths have a rather negative effect on the state of health.
Apple vinegar has a wonderful property. It protects the body from the formation of blood clots, saturates the heart muscle with potassium. Two teaspoons of vinegar is enough for one glass of water. Honey should be added to the resulting liquid - 1 teaspoon. This drink is drunk half an hour before meals. It should be taken daily for two to three weeks.
If you feel a failure of the rhythm of the pulse, interruptions in the work of the heart, do not rush to make yourself a diagnosis. Seek competent help from doctors. And even if you have identified the disease, do not panic. Modern treatment of atrial fibrillation allows you to choose the optimal set of measures that will protect from the recurrence of attacks.In combination with folk remedies and the right way of life they will protect against the unpleasant effects of the disease.