Church of the Conception of Anne (XVI-XVII centuries), Zaryadye
The Church of the Conception of Anne, that in the Cornerbuilt in the second quarter of the XVI century in the corner of the China-city wall (hence the name) on the site of an older wooden one. Later, the church grew with extensions: the southern side of Mina (about 1617), the northern side of Catherine and a gulbishche (1658), as well as several extensions and a bell tower in the XIX century. In 1954-1957 under the leadership of L.A.David, they carried out a restoration with the return of the 17th century species. In addition, the Church of the Conception of Anne, which is in the Corner, is interesting in that white-stone tombstones of the XVI-XVII centuries are used in the foundation of the side-altars and the side streets.
Photos are clickable, 05.2018g.
1. The Church of the Conception of Anna, that in the Corner. During the restoration of 1954-1957. The view of the end of the 17th century was restored to the church
2. The Church of the Conception of Anna in 1882
3. The plan of the Church of the Conception of Anne, that in the Corner. The central part was built in the second quarter of the 16th century from limestone and brick (the restorer L. A. David considers the time of construction of the second half of the 16th century); Mina's southern chapel was built at the beginning of the 17th century (around 1617) of brick; The northern aisle of Ekatiriny was built in 1658-1668.also made of bricks; at the same time, a gulbishche (gallery-porch) was attached to the west
4. The Church of the Conception of Anna, the western facade, the second half of the XVI century, reconstruction L.A. David
5. View of the church from the soaring bridge
6. The western facade, gulbische (gallery-porch) of the mid-XVII century
7. Northern side-chapel - in honor of Catherine the Great Martyr, built in 1658-1668. from bricks. There is a hypothesis that he appeared in connection with the birth of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich's daughter named Ekaterina
8. The apse of the original structure. The foundation of the original church and the apse of the ribbon, is made of rubble stone on lime mortar. Foundation depth 2.6 m from the level of the ancient day surface
9. The southern chapel in honor of the great martyr Mina Kotuansky (Christian saint, was beheaded in 300 (304) year). Composed at the beginning of the XVII century (about 1617) of brick
10. Now you should pay attention to the foundation of the chapels and the porch, it is not simple. The foundation is a white stone tombstones of an earlier time (relative to construction). A similar picture can be seen in many buildings of the XVII century (for example, the temple of St. Ferropont)
11. The foundation of the south side of Mina (about 1617buildings) - flutes of the late 17th century gravestone are visible
12. Same place around the corner. Two white stone tombstones are clearly visible.
13. Mine chapel, windows
14. And another tombstone of the same time as the previous ones.
15. White stone tombstone in the foundation of the gulbishch built in the middle of the XVII century
16. It is
17. A number of white-stone gravestones in the foundation of the northern side-chapel of Catherine (mid-XVII century)
18. And this is clearly visible remnants of the border of the ornament in the form of braids. Under the clutch there is a “forked cross”
19. More ancient, unlike the previous ones, white-stone tombstone with barely readable traces of a "wolf's tooth", XVI century (and maybe the end of XV)
20. Again gravestones, the eastern part of the northern side of Catherine
21. In the center is clearly visible ornament "wolf tooth", the tombstone of the XVI century.
22. But in the foundation of the apse gravestones is not seen. However, this is as it should be, considering the time of construction and the basement material - rubble stone
Appendix - Elements of the architecture of the cross-domed temple(based on this ...)
24. Cross-domed temple: a - the head; b - carved ornamental belt of the drum; in - kokoshnik belt; g - keeled gaffes; d - window with keeled frame; g - pryasla; h - carved promising portal; e -carved ornamental three-lane belt; and - drum heads; K - window drum; l — paddles with half columns attached to them; m - basement; n - archives of perspective portal
25. The facade of the old Russian church: a - the head; b - carved ornamental belt of the drum; in - the window of the drum; d - drum base; d - apses; e - ornamental archivolts of the perspective portal; g - promising portal; h - arc-column drum belt; and - zakomars; k - cracked; l - window; m - columnar belt; n - brackets column-type belt; o - profiled blades with half columns
26. Plan of the cross-domed temple: a, b, c - apses; g, d, g, e - branches of an architectural cross; and - south portal; h - northern portal; (and, s - side portals); k - scapula with a semi-column; l - pillars; m - the main, western portal; dn – central nave; n - middle cross
27. Schematic model of an Orthodox church with the symbolic meaning of its elements, from the modern standard SP 31-103-99
Article "From the Scientific Heritage", L.A. David (about the restoration of the Church of the Conception of Anna)
SP 31-103-99 Buildings buildings and complexes of Orthodox churches
Symbols of Orthodox churches:
Russian medieval tombstones (until the beginning of the XVIII century) in my blog:
- medieval gravestones in the museum of Moscow
- ancient gravestones of the Epiphany Monastery, Moscow
- ancient tombstones at the church of St. Sergius of Radonezh, Moscow
- book Experience in the study of necropolis - Methods of field research, LA Belyaev
- Lapidary in the manor of Vyazma, MO
- report by A.V. Alekseeva: Middle Russian stone crosses of the XV-XVI centuries. Features of the Moscow circle of monuments with geometric decor
- the book "Russian medieval gravestone.