How to choose the right bicycle 12 inches
Each parent faces a choice of purchasebicycle to the child, since absolutely all children, from year to older, like to ride them. The very first cycling is on three wheels, gradually, as the child grows up, becoming a two-wheeled "friend." Consider how to choose the right first 12-inch bicycle (wheels).
Classification of bicycles by age
First of all, when choosing a bicycle, look at the age of the child. The younger he is, the easier it is to complete and maintain the bike.
The classic classification of bicycles for children is as follows:
- For children from one year to three years - the diameter of the wheel is 12 inches.
- For 4-6 years - a diameter of 16 inches.
- For 7-9 years - 20 inches.
- When your child's height reaches 130 cm or more, the diameter of the wheel is 24 inches.
If you are thinking, a 12-inch bicycle at what age is suitable, then from this graduation it follows that you can switch to such transportation from one year.
Do not buy a bicycle for a child to grow,because it's just inconvenient. The model chosen must necessarily fit the growth and physical parameters of a small person. Since during riding it is necessary to reach the pedal in the lower position.
Therefore, a 12-inch bike, which we are morein detail, suitable for ages from one to three. This is the first model of a two-wheeled bicycle, to which, if necessary, you can add a handle from the rear and two additional wheels.
Why it is worth buying a bicycle for a child
A 12-inch children's bike is not only the first transport on two wheels, but also a great simulator that will allow your child to develop properly.
Advantages of cycling:
- Helps improve the balance of the child.
- Strengthens the physical condition, including forms a correct posture.
- The child learns to perform several tasks at the same time (pedaling and assessing the situation around).
Plus, your child will spend more time outdoors, riding a bicycle, not a TV or a computer at home.
How to choose a children's bicycle
When parents go to the store to buycycling, they must know in advance what they are looking for in terms of technical characteristics. For example, that in a shop there are no controversial situations, and you do not waste your time, it is worth to answer these questions in advance: "A 12-inch bike is at what age?".
And also when choosing a cycling transport there is a general set of criteria that should be based on when buying:
- Consider the age group of the child. It is not necessary to transfer the baby very early from a three-wheeled car to a two-wheeled bicycle, but it's also not necessary to delay. With the growth of 95 cm, it is necessary to move to a minimum of four-wheeled, and then, and two-wheeled cycling.
- Focus on the growth of your child. In perfect accordance, it should be 2.5 times the diameter of the wheel. Otherwise, the operation of the bicycle will be inconvenient for the child (the pedals are too high or low).
- Buy a bicycle with the child so that he can sit on him and try the ratio of sizes. So you get the perfect option.
- Do not buy in non-specialized places,because there will be no quality assurance, which is important when using. You should be sure that the "two-wheeled friend" will not fail at the most crucial moment.
- Take into account the opinion of the child, because it's him, and not you ride on cycling.
If you correctly approach the purchase, even the first two-wheeled 12-inch children's bicycle will last longer.
Children's bicycle with a handle
Children's bicycle 12 inches with handle inThe configuration has a couple of small wheels, which can be installed or removed if necessary. With them, the transport becomes four-wheeled and acquires good stability, which will ensure a smooth transition for the child to a three-wheeled version.
Thanks to the installation of the handle behind, the bicycle 12inches allows parents to control the movement of the child, protecting him from unnecessary injuries. And also it will be necessary in the event that the child is tired, allowing to continue movement without his participation.
You can buy such a bicycle from three years, but withThis should take into account the growth of the child. Ideally, it should be 2.5 times the diameter of the wheel. Thus, if the wheel is 12 inches, a bicycle needs a growth of 77 cm.
And also when buying, pay attention to the pen. Try, whether it is convenient for you to use it (turn, brake, and so on). Pay attention to the steering wheel, which should have an adjustment system, and pedals (preferably from metal, since they are durable).
When choosing any bike, carefully inspect the integrity and quality of the chain. And also the availability of a comfortable brake for the baby.
An ordinary two-wheeled bicycle for children from three years old
For an age group of 3 to 5-6 years, a 12-inch bicycle is perfect. Only before buying such a transport, pay attention to the design features:
- The frame should be solid and of high quality material.
- It is better to choose the model, which includes additional rear wheels. So your child will be easier to move from a fully sustainable three-wheeled transport.
- The steering wheel should be adjustable in height, as children grow very fast. This will extend the service life.
- Do not pursue cheap options. You can get a "cat in a sack" as a result. For example, the chain will break after several days of riding. In such cases, you can go broke on spare parts.
If you carefully approach the choice of transport such as a 12-inch children's bicycle, then it will last a long time, even can inherit the younger brothers and sisters of the child.
Tips for young parents
Do not be afraid to transplant your child to a 12-inch wheel as it is an optional simulator that develops his physical abilities.
When you teach your child to ride, do notforget about safety. The main thing in urban life is to choose the site where there is no traffic. The child only learns and will not be able to react instantly to the danger. It is best to study in special places where there are bicycle paths, or in the parks of the city.
Observe all the rules when choosing a model, and very soon your baby will be happy with his first successes.