How to remove "Google Chrome" from your computer completely
How to completely remove "Google Chrome" from your computeror a laptop, so that there are no garbage files left? There are several ways to remove the program from your computer completely. The first option is for those who are not afraid of the word registry, and can easily dig into the AppData directory, in order to remove from there everything that usually remains when the browser is removed. And the second option is the use of third-party software, programs that help completely remove any installed components.
It is important to uninstall the programs completely. That is, not only a shortcut from the desktop, but also so that the tracks from the program do not remain in the scheduled tasks, either in the registry or in the directories. Complete removal ensures stable operation of the system and eliminates any further conflicts during the installation of new programs.
How to remove "Google Chrome" from your computer in the standard way
Removing the Google Chrome browser from your computer manually:
- Go to Start - "Control Panel".
- Switch to "Categories", select the "Programs" section.
- Open "Programs and components" - in the list of programs we find "Chrome" and delete it by clicking on the button at the top of the "Remove" window.
Before you remove Google Chrome from your computer,it is advisable to clear history, cache and cookies in the browser, as well as saved passwords. In general, everything that can remain in the system and create a software conflict.
Do not forget to mark the item with the removal of all data about the operation of the browser.
If Google Chrome is not immediately deleted, buta window appears with the message that you need to close the browser, then disconnect it and try again. Sometimes it may be necessary to "kill" certain processes manually, before removing Google Chrome from the computer. This is because even after closing the browser, the chrome.exe processes remain on the system for a while. Disconnect them through the "Task Manager" and try again.
Delete hidden browser files
The first step to remove Google Chrome is done. Now you need to clean up everything that could remain in the hidden folders on drive C:
- Go to Start / Control Panel / (View - Large icons) / Folder Options -for versions of Windows 10 - this will be "Explorer Options".
- Then select the "View" tab.
- Pull the slider to the bottom and switch to the "Show hidden files, folders and disks" / "Apply" and "OK" buttons.
Now the next step on the way is how to remove "Google Chrome". It is necessary to remove everything that remains of the "Chrome" in hidden paks.
- In the "Start" menu, open "Run" - we write in the search box a query:% LOCALAPPDATA% Google
To delete a browser with data, you need to delete the folderChrome.Or, if you only need to delete Google Chrome data, then you do not need to delete the folder itself, only the partitionUser Data.
Clean the registry from the records "Google Chrome" after removal
The next step to how to completely remove"Google Chrome" will remove entries in the registry (do not remove everything in a row thoughtlessly). In this case there is a chance that the computer will not start at all. Therefore, it should be deleted strictly from the description.
- Press on the keyboard at the same time keysWin + R.
- In the appeared window in the lower left corner, enter the queryregeditand click "OK".
- Next, press the combinationControl + F- this will open the search interface, in which we writeGoogleand click "Find Next" - delete all records based on the search results.
- The same action must be taken with the wordChrome.
Removing the browser with third-party tools
The second way - for those who do not want to dive into the jungle of the system, is the use of third-party utilities. Here are a few well-proven programs:
- IObit Uninstaller.
- Advanced Uninstaller PRO.
- Revo Uninstaller.
- Uninstall Tool.
- Total Uninstall.
Using the example of IObit Uninstaller, you can show how to remove "Google Chrome" from your computer:
- After the utility is borrowed from the developer's site, you should run it.
- In the list, mark the program you want to delete, and click on the recycle bin icon.
It is advisable to create a restore control point before deleting Google Chrome, so that in the event of a problem, you can return everything by rolling back the system.
Then click on the "Powerful Scan" button. As a result, the program will list all the remaining files and registry entries, as well as scheduled tasks that need to be deleted. Then you should mark all found items and click "Delete".
Extensions in Google Chrome: how to remove?
In some cases, the cause of apparent inhibitionIn the browser, hangs or other problems can be various add-ons "Chrome". They, of course, simplify the work with the browser and give the opportunity to more carefully protect the data, not letting malicious requests enter the computer and blocking advertising, but sometimes they can become a source of unpleasant phenomena. And also the conductor of those most malicious programs to you in the computer. Download the extension should only checked by reading the reviews on the developer's site.
So, you can delete Google Chrome extensions directly in the browser. It is enough to go to the menu, select the item "Additional tools", then "Extensions".
Next, you should disable the extension, which creates a conflict or interferes with the browser, removing a tick opposite to it, or delete it by clicking on the recycle bin icon.