- Posted Anna Lipkovskaya
- Date: August 10, 2017 at 10:05 pm
How to remove the smell of sweat from clothes: effective ways with and without washing
Many strive to dress beautifully and elegantly. However, even ideally sitting suit or dress will not produce the desired effect if the smell of sweat comes from their owner. Sometimes this persistent amber remains on wardrobe items even after washing. You can get rid of it by various effective methods, solving this difficult problem once and for all.
Removing odor followed by washing
Sweating is a normal process in a healthy human body. However, the traces of sweat, appearing on clothes and possessing a specific aroma, can cause inconvenience, attracting unnecessary attention from others. Even adhering to the generally accepted rules of hygiene, it is not always possible to insure yourself against their appearance, especially when playing sports and on hot summer days.Taking a shower, shaving the armpits, using deodorants and antiperspirants, wearing natural fabrics can only reduce the extent of the problem.
The smell of sweat can ruin the mood at the most inopportune moment
If the trouble has already happened to you, use a few simple tips to eliminate it in a short time.
Cooking salt and detergent
An effective remedy is the combination of any detergent for dishes and table salt:
- Combine one tablespoon of dish detergent and three tablespoons of salt.
- Apply the composition to the dirty thing, carefully treating problem areas.
- Leave for 2-3 hours.
- Wash the product.
Kitchen salt can also help in removing the smell of fresh sweat. To achieve the desired effect is enough:
- Sprinkle the problem areas with it by turning the product inside out.
- Leave things in this state for 2 hours.
- Wash them as usual.
However, this method is best used for linen, silk and wool, as it may be powerless for synthetic clothing.
If, after washing, the amber of the sweat still has not disappeared, it makes sense to re-lock the products in saline solution:
- Dissolve two tablespoons of salt in one glass of water.
- Soak the product in salted water for two hours.
- Rinse twice.
Salt-based products are the most effective in combating undesirable aroma.
Salt and ammonia
Freshness of light things will return a solution of salt and ammonia:
- Dissolve a tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water.
- Add a teaspoon of ammonia.
- Soak a cotton pad in the solution and treat the stain with it.
- Wash the product.
Ammonia, as the liquid is rather caustic, is used with caution, avoiding prolonged exposure to the fabric, and before using for its intended purpose, check on an inconspicuous area of clothing.
Vinegar and citric acid
Vinegar and citric acid will help get rid of the old and persistent odor:
- Dissolve two teaspoons of citric acid in a glass of water.
- Apply this solution to soiled places on clothes and leave it for an hour.
- Meanwhile, dilute the vinegar in water at a ratio of 1:10.
- Immerse things in the solution for at least an hour.
- Wash clothes.
Vinegar and citric acid are universal substitutes for household chemicals
Woolen vinegar items do not require:
- In one glass of water, dilute a tablespoon of citric acid.
- Use this solution to treat problem areas of clothing 2 hours before washing.
In addition to citric acid, acetylsalicylic acid can be used very effectively to eliminate the old smell.
Crushed aspirin removes traces of dantiperspirant from the fabric, which often lingers an unpleasant smell.
- Expand 2-3 aspirin tablets.
- Dissolve the powder in a glass of warm water.
- Process the impregnated fabric with the resulting composition 1–2 hours before washing.
Baking soda will help to cope with the smell of sweat on light-colored clothes:
- Apply soda to the contaminated area evenly. In this case, you can gently rub the powder of soda into the formed spot.
- Leave the item in this condition for 15–20 minutes.
- Clean the soda and rinse the area to be treated with water.
Baking soda - natural deodorant
Ways that do not require washing
The methods described above are good for things that can be washed.But what if the sweat amber appeared on things that cannot be washed, or is there simply no time for washing? You can solve this problem using the following tips.
Vodka or denatured alcohol
With this tool you can remove the unpleasant smell from the shoes:
- Apply vodka to the sweaty areas.
- After two hours, clean the product with a steam iron (if the material of the thing allows it) and carefully dry it.
Denature alcohol to easily remove odor from white silk products:
- Mix one part ammonia, one part denatured alcohol and four parts water.
Like natural, denatured ethyl alcohol is effective against odors and stains.
- Process the resulting composition of clothing, turned inside out, using a soft clothes brush.
Thus clearing the entire contaminated surface, to remove the smell of these funds themselves, you can use a conditioner for clothes. For this purpose it is necessary:
- Mix 200 ml of water with one teaspoon of conditioner (not concentrate).
- Pour the mixture into the spray.
- Treat the surface with the resulting mixture.
- Dry it.
The method is not recommended for use with colored, delicate and easily shedding fabrics.
- Dilute the ammonia in water in a ratio of 1:10.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Treat problem areas of the leather jacket, down jacket, coat, or jacket with a cotton swab.
Ammonia alcohol is an express method of excretion of sweaty aroma
Lost things can be hung in the cold or put in the freezer for two hours, pre-packed in a plastic bag.The cold will help refreshjackets, down jackets and coats.
The cold will bring back your things freshness
Newspapers can be wrapped outerwear, if it is dark, and you can shove them into the inner part of the product. After a few days, newsprint fully absorbs unpleasant odors, after which it can be thrown away.
Newsprint has a loose structure that is why it absorbs any odors well.
Acetate Solution Iron
When you need to return freshness to things as quickly as possible, nine per cent vinegar comes to the rescue.
- Place the iron at the maximum temperature suitable for the type of fabric being treated.
- Dissolve one part vinegar in four parts water.
- Saturate the piece of gauze with the solution and place it on the problem areas of the inside-out thing.
- Then iron the product through gauze with an iron.
This method is suitable only for clean fabrics. It is not recommended to iron dirty things with an iron, since after such a procedure it will be much more difficult to wash them off.
If the product is made of delicate fabrics, instead of ironing, you can use a steam bath, after adding a small amount of vinegar to the water.
Attention! It is better to do this procedure in a well-ventilated room.
Sports issue: how to remove the smell of sweat from boxing gloves
Before using gloves, boxing bandages should be wound on the hands. They absorb sweat, after which they can be easily and simply washed.
Boxing Bandage Absorbs Sweat Effectively
Other rules of care:
- Returning home from a workout, you should not leave gloves in a bag with other sportswear. Airing will help get rid of unpleasant odors.
- To remove the smell of sweat in boxing gloves, put crumpled newspaper sheets.
- If there is a strong odor, treat the inside of the gloves with special deodorants and anti-bacterial sprays. In addition, they can pour talc. A good result will be provided by cotton wool soaked in vinegar and left in gloves for several hours.
Special tools that destroy the smell of sweat, will help get rid of his boxing gloves
If other products are powerless, wrap the gloves in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer for several hours.
In addition to the available tools that are present in almost every home, the problem can be dealt with by industrial chemicals. The most popular products include:
This simple tool available in each hostess’s arsenal will help get rid of difficult stains and unpleasant odors:
- Before washing the soiled things, rub the problem areas with soap. Pay special attention to the armpits, because it is there that the smell of sweat is strongest.
- Then leave things for 20-30 minutes, then wash.
- If you prefer washing in a washing machine, rub the soap on a fine grater and sprinkle on the clothes previously loaded into the drum.
Laundry soap - a budget and hypoallergenic way to neutralize unpleasant odor
This method is perfect for washing T-shirts and sportswear, however, when washing colored items, use soap as a care, as it can cause a slight discoloration.
Sometimes a double portion of ordinary laundry detergent helps with the smell of sweat, in which it is soaked for 20-30 minutes before the main wash.
With delicate fabrics you can remove the smell with the help of shampoo:
- Lightly moisten the dirt.
- Apply a little shampoo on it, rub gently.
- After 15 minutes rinse in warm water and dry the product.
With persistent odor, the procedure will be slightly different:
- Shampoo is bred in warm water and froth.
- Soak the product in it for 2 hours.
- Wash as usual.
Shampoo degreases the fabric and removes unpleasant odor.
Oxygen stain removers
As an answer to the problem, oxygen stain removers have proven themselves, which not only remove yellow spots, but also neutralize the smell at the molecular level, penetrating the fibers of the tissue.Among them are, for example:
- Chirton Oxygen;
- Typhoon Oxy Pro;
- Vanish Oxi Action;
Ecover is remarkable for its eco-friendly composition, thanks to which contact with it is not terrible even for children's clothes.
Oxygen stain removers are added to the washing machine when washing colored items. If the problem areas are formed on white products, then they should be removed with the help of stain removers with chlorine.
The most famous and most versatile of the etigo type is Dufta. It is hypoallergenic, as it contains only water and plant enzymes, and they can be safely used without fear of harming children's things. Apply it as follows:
- Apply the composition to the sweaty patch of clothing.
- Cover this place with polyethylene for half an hour.
- Dry clothes.
Dufta equally effectively removes all kinds of organic and inorganic odors.
The only drawback of the funds is a rather high price.
Proper drying of things
Special attention when removing the smell of sweat from things deserves their drying. Clothes are usually hung in a well-ventilated place in the penumbra to prevent color burnout.However, you can also dry your clothes in the sun by twisting it inside out beforehand.So the sun's rays can reach the strongest smells and remove them..
The sun's rays - a natural neutralizer of stains and odor
If it is not possible to dry things in the sun, after they dry out, you can use an iron. Ironed with a cloth moistened in acetic solution. In this way, microorganisms that are the source of strong odor are destroyed.
Video: various ways to deal with sweat amber
The smell of sweat - the problem is solved. There are lots of ways to deal with it - from proven home recipes to industrial stain removers. But, as you know, the best treatment is prevention, so observe the rules of hygiene, use deodorants, in warm weather wear things from natural fabrics and regularly change clothes. Enjoy the scent of fresh things and feel the ease of communication without shame for an unpleasant smell.