How to use oblique plank in construction?
A huge assortment of sawn timber is presented on the modern market, but only a few of them allow turning any cottage into a real masterpiece of architecture. Such molded products include oblique (or beveled) planken of various wood species, and especially Siberian larch, since the spheres of application of this building material are very diverse.
In appearance, the sloped plank resembles a regular terrace or deck board, but significantly thinner - from 16 to 22 mm. In addition, the stalk is equipped with chamfers at the corners for easier and faster installation. It is possible to use a slanting plank for internal and external decoration of houses, the construction of gazebos, fences and other exterior elements.
For interior decoration
Bevelled planken is used in interior design of both residential (living room, bedroom, study, kitchen) and non-residential (sauna, bath) premises. Compared with other finishing materials, oblique planken (especially from Siberian larch wood) has many advantages:
- long service life and maintaining a perfect appearance even under such adverse conditions as high humidity and sudden temperature changes;
- high environmental friendliness;
- resistance to the formation of fungi and mold;
- ease of installation - interior finishing works take a minimum of time and even non-professionals;
- providing increased noise insulation of premises;
- attractive texture and interesting shades, which allows to realize even the most non-standard design solutions, decorating the interior in almost any style - classic, modern, country, Provence.
For exterior finish
Under the exterior finish means facing oblique plank facades of private houses and cottages. You can install boards both vertically and diagonally and horizontally (the last option is the most common). Timber is mounted on a wooden crate, which is installed in increments of 30-60 cm, perpendicular to the direction of the facing boards. When creating a ventilated facade between the finish and the insulating layer leaves a small gap.
The advantages of using for external trimming of slanting planken from Siberian larch and other tree species (cedar, ash) include:
- Increased strength and long service life - when using products made of larch, the facade retains its high-quality and aesthetic characteristics for several decades.
- Easy installation: boards are not stacked in a “thorn”, but overlapped or at a certain distance from each other. This allows for good ventilation of the facade and prevents the formation of condensation under the skin. In this case, fasteners are located on the wrong side of the boards. And therefore completely invisible.
- Attractive appearance. The special texture and natural shades of wood make it possible to give any home an unsurpassed beauty.
You can learn more about the use of slanting plank made of Siberian larch for exterior decoration and other purposes in the construction industry on the relevant sites, where you can also place an order for the purchase of the required batch of boards.
From this type of lumber, you can build a variety of exterior elements, for example, light arbor or fence.At the same time to create the same fence does not require special skills or professional tools, since the process is quite simple and includes only four steps:
- creation of the base (as a rule, shallow);
- installation of the frame (metal or also wood);
- installation of the slanting planken itself;
- decorating the fence - applying varnish, stain or paint.
In addition, a very good solution would be to design the house and all adjacent buildings (made of cinder blocks, bricks and other building materials) in the same style, and this can also help the wooden cladding - it does not require much time and significant financial costs.
Non-standard use of a slanting planken
Sometimes slanting planken is used for finishing the terrace, having made the installation of boards on a lath of 40-60 cm lagging. For natural air circulation when laying the boards, a gap of 6-8 mm should be left between them. As a fastener it is recommended to use elements with a corrosion-resistant coating.
The installation process can be carried out in one of two ways - open or closed. In the first case, the screws are directly screwed into the lags and are noticeable after completion of the work.In the second situation, a special, hidden type of fastener is used, which allows to obtain a perfectly flat wooden terrace.
If at the end of all construction work there are trimming boards, they can be used to create durable, but light garden furniture, as well as a variety of decorative elements in the local area.