The drug "Codelac broncho": composition, properties and reviews
To date, the drug "Codelac broncho" is quite a popular remedy. In modern medicine, it is widely used as an expectorant for various diseases of the respiratory system.
The drug "Codelac broncho": composition and properties
This drug is available in the form of tablets, elixir and contains several active ingredients at once, each of which provides a particular effect.
- Ambroxol is a substance that positively affects the functioning of the respiratory system. This component restores the normal composition of secreted sputum, in particular, regulates the ratio of mucus and serous substances. In addition, under the influence of ambroxol, alveolar surfactant release processes are activated. Thus, the viscosity of sputum decreases and at the same time facilitates its excretion.
- Sodium glycyrrhizinate is another component of the drug that boosts immunity, providing protection against viruses.In addition, the substance has a mild anti-inflammatory effect and prevents the development of an allergic reaction.
- Sodium bicarbonate liquefies sputum, and also enhances the activity of ciliated epithelium, which, respectively, facilitates the removal of mucus.
- The drug "Codelac broncho with thyme" contains in itself and the extract of this herb, which has a positive effect on the work of the respiratory system, accelerating the discharge of sputum. In addition, the medicinal plant has anti-inflammatory properties and very effectively relieves bronchospasm, thereby eliminating suffocation during coughing.
- The composition of the medicine also contains an extract of thermopsis, which has expectorant properties.
The drug "Codelac broncho": indications for use
In modern medical practice, this medicine is used for the treatment of cough, accompanied by difficult sputum discharge. Such symptoms are often observed in acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, and obstructive processes - it is in such cases that this remedy is prescribed.
The drug "Codelac broncho": instructions for use
Immediately it should be noted that this medicine should in no case be taken unauthorizedly, without first consulting a therapist. The dosage and schedule of the drug depends on the age of the patient, the severity of the disease and the form of release of the drug. The following are only recommended doses.
- Tablets can be taken only by adults and children not younger than 12 years old - one piece three times a day.
- Thyme elixir is prescribed to adults 10 ml four times a day, and children from two to six years old - 2.5 ml three times a day.
The drug "Codelac broncho": contraindications and side effects
Of course, contraindications can immediately include pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding, as well as individual intolerance to any of the components of the medication. The tool should be used very carefully in the presence of peptic ulcer, liver and kidney problems, as well as in bronchial asthma. As for adverse reactions, today only isolated cases are known, when the medication was accompanied by nausea, vomiting, headache and dry mucous membranes.
Elixir "Codelac broncho with thyme": reviews
In fact, this medicine is very popular, because it really improves the condition of patients and helps get rid of heavy, choking cough. The elixir with thyme is in special demand, as it pleases patients not only with healing properties, but also with natural taste and pleasant aroma. And undoubtedly, one of the advantages of the drug is an affordable price.