Thumbs up on my legs. Causes, diagnosis, treatment
as a rule, is temporary and characterizes disorders in the innervation and blood supply. When your toes go numb for a long time, this is a reason to visit a doctor.
Why does numbness of fingers appear
Due to the development of diseases that affect the state of the peripheral nerves, numbness of the lower extremities occurs. Damage to the nerves can be caused by metabolic disorders, blood circulation or degeneration of nerve fibers.
When the impulse cannot pass through the damaged areas of the nerves, the thumbs on the legs become numb. The causes are most often associated with the presence of diseases localized in the spine or joints.
Causes of finger numbness
Certain diseases can cause functional impairment of innervation of the lower extremities. The main ones include the following:
- Osteochondrosis is a pathological process in the intervertebral discs, which is characterized by their thinning, due to which the spinal root is pinched. The consequence of pinching is an obstacle to the passage of nerve impulses, this contributes to the fact that numb big toes.
- Atherosclerosis - due to deposition of cholesterol plaques on the inner surface of the vessels, their lumen is significantly narrowed, and the full blood flow is disturbed. Atherosclerosis, localized in the femoral artery, entails numbness of the fingers, which then spreads to the lower leg and the thigh region.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - is characterized by inflammation of the knee joints, as a result of which the nerve responsible for the innervation of the lower limb is pinched in the patella. First, the big toe on the right leg goes numb, and then the numbness spreads to the whole foot and lower leg.
- Protrusions are a complicated degree of osteochondrosis. Often can cause complete loss of sensation in the legs.
- Gout - is characterized by the deposition of uric acid salts on the joints.In this case, the big toe is particularly affected, at first it becomes numb, and over time, there is a strong pain syndrome.
- Thumbs up on my legs and during pregnancy, this is due to a lack of vitamin B. It ensures the correct functioning of the peripheral nerves. With a lack of vitamin, nerve functioning is disturbed and numbness of the fingers and toes appears.
This list is only a small part of the causes of numbness of the fingers and lower extremities.
Symptoms of numbness of the limbs
To find out the cause of numbness, you can determine the localization of unpleasant tingling and reduce sensitivity.
- With reduced sensitivity of only one leg and lower back pain, special attention should be paid to the condition of the spine and intervertebral discs. During protrusion and osteochondrosis, as a rule, the thumb on the right leg becomes numb.
- Pinching of the sciatic nerve is characterized by numbness of the limb on the inner side, starting from the thumb and reaching the knee.
- A general violation of the sensitivity of the limbs indicates polyneuropathy. It can be caused by intoxication of the body, in which there is a disease of peripheral nerves with impaired conduction of nerve impulses.
- Thumbs up on my toes often with diabetes and atherosclerosis. In this case, the loss of sensitivity is localized from the fingers all over the foot.
At the doctor's office it is necessary to clearly state to him all the unpleasant symptoms.
For the appointment of a suitable treatment, it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive examination, due to which the full picture that causes numbness in the legs will be visible. Basic survey methods:
- blood test to determine the amount of minerals and vitamins.
A comprehensive survey allows you to correctly identify the cause, causing a decrease in the sensitivity of the legs and frequent tingling, and to prescribe the necessary medication that will not only neutralize the symptoms, but also have an impact on the cause itself.
Fingers grow numb: treating symptoms and causes with a comprehensive approach
Combined therapy is prescribed only after identifying the true cause of limb numbness. It includes the following necessary activities:
- Taking medication or surgery, which will eliminate the nerve root squeezing.
- Vitamin complexes containing vitamin B group.They allow you to normalize metabolic processes in the nerve fibers.
- Prescription drugs that reduce the number of cholesterol plaques. This class of drugs belongs to statins and directly reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Taking drugs that affect the quality of blood circulation, improving it and activating the passage of nerve impulses.
- Medicines that reduce the amount of uric acid salt deposits on the joints.
Physiotherapy treatment, which includes regenerating mud baths and paraffin baths, will be very useful.
Prevention of disorders of the innervation of the legs
To avoid the appearance of tingling and reduce the sensitivity of the lower extremities, it is necessary to monitor the activity during the day and not to burden the back with unbearable weight. All these actions contribute to the fact that numb big toes. Causes must be eliminated as early as possible in order to prevent irreversible changes in the body.
That is why it is regularly necessary to maintain an active lifestyle and carry out massage, which prevents pinching of the nerve spinal roots or central nerve trunks, which transmit impulses to the peripheral nerves.
Why numb fingers, easy to determine. It is only important to conduct a full diagnosis and get an appointment with an experienced highly qualified doctor.