Treatment of bursitis with medication and folk remedies
Diseases of the support apparatus are not uncommon, especially in athletes. Naturally, they are different and appear for different reasons. which only the doctor prescribes, is a fairly common disease. There are, of course, other types of pathology that have similar symptoms and methods of treatment. However, each type of disease has its own characteristics, which we will consider further.
So, treatment of bursitis should be started only after this pathology has been correctly diagnosed. First you need to know what it is. Bursitis is an inflammation of the synovial bag of a joint, as a result of which fluid accumulates in its cavity. At the same time, there is redness and severe swelling in the affected area.
It should be noted that most often this disease affects athletes or those people who are engaged in very hard work.In some cases, this inflammation goes away after a few days. But in most cases it must be eliminated. Treatment of bursitis does not involve any expensive drugs and operations.
The disease may be acute or chronic. The latter requires constant therapy, as the pathology greatly aggravates life.
Causes of pathology
Before starting treatment for bursitis, it is necessary to establish the reasons that could cause the problem. From this depends largely on the pattern of treatment. Among the most common causes that contribute to the development of bursitis are the following:
1. Injuries to the joints.
2. Hard work.
3. Inflammatory processes in the joints.
4. Common serious infectious diseases of the body.
5. Excessive accumulation of calcium salts in the tendons.
6. Age-related changes in the joints.
Symptoms of the disease
Treatment of bursitis can be prescribed only after determining the symptoms of pathology. The fact is that signs that you notice may indicate some other disease. So, the most common symptoms of pathology are as follows:
- Some increase in body temperature (especially this happens in cases where bursitis has an infectious nature).
- General weakness.
- Poor mobility of the joints, as well as a slight increase in temperature in the affected area.
- Pain syndrome, redness and swelling.
- General decrease in working capacity.
If you have knee joint bursitis, the symptoms (treatment is prescribed based on them) may be the same as in other parts of the body (shoulder, elbow, or finger).
Before starting a pathology therapy, it is necessary to define it correctly. To do this, be sure to visit the appropriate specialist. Self-medication can lead to a worsening of the situation or to the fact that you miss a more serious illness.
For proper diagnosis, the doctor will necessarily examine the affected joint. He will palpate the diseased area, as well as collect anamnesis and determine the most likely causes of the development of pathology. And the doctor will ask you to make certain movements that will help him make a final diagnosis.
The patient may be assigned an ultrasound procedure, with which you can find out how much fluid is in the joint.If the case is very serious or too neglected, then an MRI is applied.
With regard to the delivery of tests, their research practically does not give any information. However, this procedure can help confirm or deny the presence of inflammation. In addition, tests can indicate the cause that caused the development of pathology.
If a person has bursitis of the knee joint, the symptoms (treatment cannot be prescribed without determining signs) will help you determine the type and complexity of the pathology. Now you need to understand the types of the disease. You can follow this classification of bursitis:
1. Professional. It appears most often in athletes or in those people whose work is associated with constant heavy loads on the joints.
2. Brucellosis. It is characterized by strictly defined localization of inflammation (in the knee or elbow). At the same time, this type of pathology can be repeated periodically.
3. Proliferating. It is diagnosed if granulation tissue growths are observed in the synovial sac.
4. Crispy (antheskapulyarny).This type of pathology is most common on the shoulder blades or ribs. A feature of the disease is the formation of fibrous exudate character.
5. Lime. This type of pathology is chronic. That is, it is repeated constantly under favorable conditions. In this case, calcium salts are deposited in the synovial sac.
How to eliminate pain independently?
If you have bursitis of the knee, treatment should be comprehensive. However, if there was an acute attack of the disease, which limits your movements, is characterized by unbearable pain, then this condition should be immediately eliminated. The first steps you can take at home.
For example, you can apply cold to the affected joint. And it will have to do for several days. Note that keeping ice on the joint for more than 15 minutes is not recommended, as you may end up getting frostbite.
It is not necessary to use the heaters in the period of acute illness. This will cause the pain to increase, and swelling will increase. In addition, heat can lead to an accumulation of pus in the joint bag.
How to treat brachial bursitis?
The presented disease can affect any joint: knee, elbow, shoulder or other. However, the treatment of all these types of pathologies is not exactly the same. For example, the treatment of brachial bursitis is a complex of actions aimed not only at eliminating the symptoms, but also at ridding a person of the inflammation that develops in the synovial bag.
In order to remove the pain, you can use special analgesic drugs. If pus is observed in the fluid, then antibiotics are not enough. In addition, anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to the patient. There are other ways of treatment. For example, gentle massage, physiotherapy procedures (ultraviolet heating).
In some cases, surgery is also used, but this is not always the case. Physical therapy is very useful. However, it should be done very carefully.
Features of the traditional treatment of elbow bursitis
If you have found ulnar bursitis, treatment involves the implementation of certain manipulations. For example, try to limit the mobility of the joint as much as possible.This will help you ease pain, as well as somewhat soothe the inflammation.
If you have chronic elbow bursitis, treatment involves removing the exudate with a syringe and a special antiseptic medication. When a patient has pus in the synovial sac, it must be removed. Otherwise, the patient may develop any complication.
How to treat knee bursitis?
This type of pathology is treated the same way as everyone else. To begin with, the limb is immobilized. Further, if necessary, a cold should be applied to the joint (only briefly). In case of severe pain, anesthetics are offered to the patient. Sometimes it becomes easier for a person to lift the joint a little.
If you have knee bursitis, treatment should begin with a visit to the surgeon. Perhaps he will appoint surgery. Ultrasound and laser are very effective methods of treatment today. Naturally, such therapy cannot be called cheap, but it does not require a long recovery.
If you have non-infectious bursitis, it can be treated with injections of corticosteroids.
When is surgery necessary?
Elbow or knee bursitis, which can be treated at home and in the hospital, may require surgery. However, the procedure is carried out only if the pathology is already running.
The operation involves the opening of the articular bag under general anesthesia. Next, the doctor removes overgrown tissue or calcium deposits. During the procedure, the joint can be developed, which allows it to return its mobility.
Non-traditional recipes in the treatment of pathology
An effective folk remedy for treating bursitis may work faster than a drug. However, its use should be coordinated with the doctor in order not to aggravate his condition. The most used recipes should be considered as such:
1. Take the required number of sheets of Kalanchoe (it all depends on the size of the joint) and put them in the freezer. And you should make a reserve for the week. Next, the leaves will need to beat with a hammer and apply to the affected place. In this case, the compress should be warm, that is, tie it with a woolen scarf. To treat the joint in this way will need about a week.
2Take 100 g of good quality butter and mix it with natural propolis (15 g). The resulting remedy should be consumed three times a day, 1 small spoon, and before meals. Continue the procedure for 14 days. If this substance does not help, it is necessary to replace the method of therapy.
3. Coniferous baths are very useful. To prepare them, take the branches of pine with green cones and chop them. Next, pour half a liter of raw material with five liters of water and put it on fire. Boil the mixture should be about 15 minutes. Next, it should brew for 12 hours. During application, the liquid should not be cold. To do the bath should be about 40 minutes.
4. Folk treatment of bursitis involves the use of cabbage leaves. This procedure can be carried out even when you are not at home. You just need to take a fresh sheet, cut off all hard areas and soften it a little. Next, apply it to the affected joint. Naturally, the top sheet should be tied with a dry, warm cloth. After a few hours, replace the sheet, and this should be done during the week.
If you have bursitis, treatment (ointment takes the main place here) should be made carefully. However, it is better to implement certain preventive measures that will protect your joints from this pathologists.
First of all, try to lead a healthy lifestyle and eat right, so that muscles and bones receive the necessary building material. Also engage in feasible physical labor or physical education. Do not strain the joints too much.
Try to avoid injury to your knees, elbows, or other parts of your body. If you still get hit, then try to treat the injury well. In the case of chronic bursitis, try to implement all the necessary therapeutic measures in time. After treatment, take care of the damaged joint, so as not to have a relapse.
And still promptly eliminate all infections and inflammatory processes in your body. Even if there are minor scratches or wounds on the body, be sure to treat them with an antiseptic. That's all the features of the treatment of bursitis. Be healthy!