We make organizer for needlework by our own hands: master class
Modern organizers contain a bunch of varioustrifles, tools, fixtures and materials. For many hundreds of years, women all over the world are engaged in various types of needlework. Even then, the girls needed somewhere to store tools, adaptations used in creative pursuits. So there was the first organizer for needlework. Many hands were made with their own hands, including organizers. Let it be called then differently, its essence was the same as in our time.
In the organizer there are always a lot of pockets, often transparent, in which you can see where everything lies. The form can be any. Here everything depends only on your imagination and your needs.
If you need to store somehow threads of mulina,you can wind them on the same clothespins, pencils or on wooden sticks, collect them in a glass. To store knitting needles, hooks, scissors, it is convenient to use cans, mugs, glasses, pre-lined with a cloth, providing additional pockets from the outside.
To create a beautiful and convenient organizer, you do not have to be able to sew, you can tie a casket or glue together from dense materials and cardboard a box for small things.
Master-class: a wall organizer with pockets by one's own hands
This is not difficult at all. To make such an organizer for handicrafts with your own hands, you will need:
- The main fabric is 55 cm wide, the length is according to your desire.
- Lining fabric - the same size.
- Cloth for pockets - denim or other dense.
- Cloth for appliqués and organizer accessories - on request.
- Threads for sewing.
- Sewing machine.
- Pencil or remnant for cutting parts.
- Eyelets, a clothes hanger or a wooden beam - depending on how you will mount the organizer to the wall.
Before you get started, think about how many pockets and what sizes you will need to store your things.
- Cut out the pockets of the required size, as long as you need to store your tool. Do not forget to add seam allowances to the workpieces.
- Lay out the pockets of the main fabric and mark their location in the finished product.
- Measure out the required size of the main fabric by adding seam allowances to the seams from the bottom and sides, and also from the top.
- Measure out exactly the same piece of fabric from the lining material.
- Treat the edges of the pockets with a zigzag stitch or simply bend and sew the edges so that the fabric does not crumble.
- On organizers you can often see pockets withfolds on the sides. Do it or not - it's up to you. If there is a fold, the pockets should be not rectangular, but in the form of a trapezoid, expanding upward.
- Sew the pockets to the main part.
- Sew the lining on the sides and bottom to our organizer.
- At the top of the product, sew a clothes hanger, a wooden beam or install eyelets.
- Attach the organizer to the wall. Decorate according to your desire.
Master class: box-organizer of matchboxes
We will learn how to make organizer boxes forneedlework. With your own hands, make a box of matchboxes. Such a box can be used to store sewing needles, buttons and other small sewing accessories.
- Scrapbooking paper.
- PVA glue.
- Beads for pens.
- Pistol with hot glue.
- Decorative flowers, berries, sprigs to decorate the casket.
1. Remove matches from boxes. The inner parts of the boxes are laid aside.
2. We glue together their outer parts. The number of boxes is chosen depending on the size of the future organizer. Under the press, the glue dries more quickly, so think in advance, than to press the glued parts of the box.
3. You can do as one row of boxes, and several. Depending on the location of the boxes and the number of boxes, we can create a unique organizer for handicrafts with our own hands. The photo below shows simple boxes with three drawers.
4. On scrapbooking paper, draw rectangles with the sizes of the top and side parts of the box. Cut out the blanks. Billets can be decorated with applique if desired.
5. To glue the outside of the boxes, we need rectangles measuring 1 x 3.5 cm.
6. Pour the box and boxes with decorative paper.
7. Using a thread and a needle, sew to the boxes of the bead box - this will be the handle.
8. Insert the boxes into the box.
9. Decorate the ready-box-organizer with decorative flowers and berries according to your desire.
10. The box-organizer from matchboxes is ready.
The variety of organizers does not cease to amazeus. These are pockets for beads, and a cosmetic bag with knitting needles and needles, a needle-book, and an organizer bag for needlework. With their own hands to make such accessories is not only cheaper, but also more pleasant. So the thing will turn out to be unique, reflecting the identity of its mistress. Armed with imagination and patience, any novice craftsman can make for himself an organizer for storing needlework.