What can be made of plasticine?
There is in the world an amazing artificial material designed specifically for modeling. We are talking about plasticine, which is characterized by elasticity, does not dry up, like clay, coming into contact with air, is used to create small sculptural works and models. What can be made of plasticine?
Children use clay for handicrafts, it helps develop fine motor skills and finger coordination in children, creative imagination in children of any age. At schools of art, this material is necessary for students for long-term work on models of sculptures and the ability to redo them.
Kinds of plasticine
- Special sculptural clay keeps its shape well, allows you to create miniature parts and solve already serious problems in modeling.
- For children's creativity, mass is often used for modeling called hendgam or “smart clay”, which is able to change color, glow and magnet, tear, flow and break.
- Ball clay - airy and light, these are tiny sparkling beads on weightless glue threads; its colors mix easily, which is convenient when creating patterns.
- Floating clay is suitable even for one-year-old kids, because based on herbal ingredients. Figures from this test do not sink in water. It is pleasant to knead mass in fingers, it does not stick to skin of hands and will be excellent entertainment for the child.
There are also:
- not frozen in air;
- freezing fast enough;
Handicrafts from plasticine
Reflecting on the question: what can be made of plasticine? - we understand that you can do absolutely everything, it is only important to understand who does and for what. Volumetric figures and paintings, cakes and pastries, figurines of fairy-tale or literary characters, animals, real people, birds, fish, trees and flowers - the choice is unlimited!
- Soft plasticine (Playdoh) is perfect for creating a variety of prints, for which even the most unexpected objects will be useful. It is enough to put an ordinary leaf from a tree or lace on the dough that was rolled out beforehand with a rolling pin, roll it out again with a rolling pin and carefully remove the object from the plasticine. Forms cut out of this plasticine mass "lace" figures.
- The child will make cupcakes, cakes, sweets and other “food” for dolls from plasticine balls, sausages and cakes.
- On a special plastic plate, even just on cardboard, you can “draw” with plasticine a color picture: a forest, a flower garden, a still life, or a whole plot.
- You can make plasticine, for example, three-dimensional figures and play a real puppet show. Let's try together to mold plasticine spider. A plasticine bar of black color will be suitable here. First, it should be kneaded to working condition, then roll up a large ball and slightly flatten - this is the “torso” of the animal. For the legs of the spider, roll up 8 thin “sausages” and connect them with the “body”, placing 4 legs on each side. Bend the free ends of the legs in the form of hooks. Roll 2 small balls of eyes out of yellow plasticine and attach them to the “body”, slightly flattening. In order for the “eyes” to see clearly, make in each of them a small depression. Two vertical strips of white clay, fixed on the front of the face, lower eye, will represent the "teeth" of the spider. Make a “web” out of gray plasticine, against which a black spider will look bright and distinct.