Why does the loin hurt before menstruation? Natural causes of pain
Many women suffer from pain before menstruation. This sign indicates that the hormonal changes in the body. Pain before menstruation is the norm, although not always. Sometimes it indicates the presence of pathological processes in the body. When the pain before menstruation is worth enduring, and when should I see a doctor?
Features of the premenstrual period. Unpleasant sensations
The deterioration of the physical condition, depressed emotional background and weakness have to be experienced by many women every month. The representatives of the weaker sex are worried about why the lower back hurts before menstruation and pulls the lower abdomen.
The reason for such unpleasant sensations lies in the hormonal changes that occur in the premenstrual period.It is a factor that provokes frequent changes of mood, swelling and pain in the mammary glands, and muscle aches. Most women who have not given birth experience these symptoms. If there are no serious problems with the physical condition, such signs do not appear too intensely. When before menstruation the lower back whines strongly - this is a cause for concern.
Causes of pain in the premenstrual period
There are many factors that explain why the lower back hurts before menstruation. The following phenomena can provoke discomfort:
- Muscle spasms of the uterus.
- Features of the structure of the reproductive system.
- Sensitivity of the body to unpleasant sensations. Women who do not tolerate pain notice that they are pulling the lower back before menstruation.
- Hormones that cause muscle spasms of the uterus, begin to intensively developed in the premenstrual period. In addition, the blood decreases the content of substances that can relieve pain in a natural way.
- Edema. The retention of fluid in the body leads to the fact that the stomach hurts before menstruation, back aches.
- Genetic predisposition.If the female relatives had discomfort in the premenstrual period, she herself may experience the same thing.
PMS - what is it and how does it manifest itself?
This phenomenon is a combination of symptoms that occur 7-10 days before the onset of monthly bleeding. This syndrome is characterized by the appearance of headache, increased sensitivity to sounds, insomnia, swelling, the occurrence of acne, nausea and vomiting, decreased or increased libido.The woman has an unstable emotional background, she is sometimes irritable, then depressed. It is in the ICP that most often lies the answer to the question of why the lower back hurts in the premenstrual period.
Norm or deviation?
Sometimes the pain in the premenstrual period is a normal condition of the body. In other cases, they indicate the presence of serious diseases. Low back pain before menstruation and in its first days is normal. It is associated with the discharge of the uterine mucosa. If a woman has so much lumbar ache that she is forced to take painkillers, we are talking about the presence of pathological processes in the body.
This is especially true of those women who, after the end of menstrual bleeding, such feelings continue. It is better not to wait and not to hope that these phenomena will pass on their own. Most often, they signal the presence of pathologies that require examination and therapy.
When do I need to go to the doctor?
It is recommended to seek medical help in the following situations:
- If there is a suspicion of the presence of diseases of the reproductive system, for example, inflammation after a long stay in the cold or casual sex. Because of infections, adhesions in the genitals can occur, which leads to pronounced pain before menstruation.
- The causes of discomfort can be benign tumors of the reproductive system.
- Pathologies of the thyroid gland often cause pain before menstruation.
- Ectopic pregnancy. This is a life threatening condition for a woman. She may feel that she just hurts her stomach before menstruation. However, concomitant symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, backache and other symptoms of early pregnancy, should alert the woman.
Diagnosis and identification of possible pathologies
To determine the causes that cause pain before menstruation, it is necessary to undergo an examination. You should consult a specialist in diseases of the vital system and check the condition of the thyroid gland. You also need to visit a gynecologist and pass tests, as the intense pain before menstruation is a consequence of inflammatory processes in the urogenital area.
Trying to cope with pronounced unpleasant feelings in the premenstrual period, you can only aggravate the situation. Therefore, if the pain is too strong, you should not postpone the visit to the doctor.
Most often in such cases, the specialist prescribes the following examinations for the patient:
- Ultrasound diagnostics.
- Laboratory tests (blood tests, vaginal secretions, urine).
- Diagnostic laparoscopy.
Pain in the absence of menstruation
If the lower back aches, but menstruation does not come in time, it makes a woman think about pregnancy. However, this phenomenon may be associated with pathological processes, such as:
- Polycystic ovary. This disease is accompanied by a significant increase in the size of the organs.
- Inflammatory processes in the ovaries and uterus.
- The formation of adhesions.
- Inflammation of the vaginal mucosa.
- Benign neoplasms of reproductive organs.
- Inflammatory processes in the cervical canal.
If one of the above pathologies is found during examinations, with adequate therapy, you can get rid of pain.
How to eliminate pain in the premenstrual period?
Even those women who understand why the lower back hurts before menstruation and pulls the stomach, would like to know how to cope with these phenomena. To do this, follow these recommendations:
- Do exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles and muscles.
- Do not stop playing sports before menstruation.
- If the loin is very sore, you can use a heating pad to reduce discomfort.
- Massaging the abdominal muscles will also help to deal with the symptoms.
- Monitor the condition of the body and the regularity of menstruation.
- Adjust the diet, give up alcohol, large amounts of meat and milk, fatty, spicy and salty foods.
- Dress warmly.
- When strong pain helps herbal teas.
- On the recommendation of gynecologists can take hormonal contraceptives.
- If the premenstrual period is intense, then analgesics and medications that eliminate cramps will come to the rescue.
How to prevent the appearance of unpleasant sensations?
Having an idea of why the loin hurts before menstruation, you need to find out what preventive measures will prevent the occurrence of this symptom. First of all, any woman should eat right. It is recommended to take vitamins B, E, and also make sure that magnesium and calcium are present in food and supplements. You should not overeat, get involved in sweets and junk food, neglect sports.It is important to take regular walks, get enough sleep, do not be nervous and do not smoke. Well help to deal with discomfort in the premenstrual period, hormonal contraceptives. They can also protect women from unplanned conception and genital infections. However, these pills should be taken only as prescribed by a doctor.