Felting is a work with natural non-spun wool. Felting allows you to create exclusive crafts - souvenirs, decorations, toys ... There is a dry and wet method of felting. The dry method is used to create voluminous things, and the wet method for flat ones. The principle of wet felting you will understand, having familiarized with the first master class. Sometimes two ways are found together when creating one product; you will see this in the second master class when creating a rose. In this article we will look at how to make felting flowers from wool with your own hands.
You will need:non-spinned merino wool of gray, purple, light pink, dark pink, pink silk fiber, film with pimples, organza or mosquito net, soap, hot and cold water, sponge, scissors.
- Cover the table with a film with pimples and take a combed wool of gray color.
- Separate a piece of wool of the desired size for the petal with smooth movements.
- Prepare 6 gray shreds of the same size and give them the shape of petals.
- Form a flower by folding the petals together, placing them overlap each other.
- Take a pink combed wool ribbon and peel off 6 smaller pieces of the same size.
- Form petals from scraps and place them on top of gray ones.
- Prepare 6 fibers of pink silk of the same size and place them in the center of each petal.
- Prepare 6 thin shreds of purple wool and place them on the flower so that they intersect in the center.
- Cover the flower with an organza or mosquito net.
- Prepare hot (non-boiling) water and soap, create a soap solution to form a good foam.
- Wet the flower gently with a sponge. It is worth noting that the flower should be wet, not wet. To check, press on the flower palm, if the water does not protrude and the flower is flat without tubercles, then you did everything correctly. If there is water, simply remove the excess moisture with a towel.
- Stroke the flower with your hands in the direction of the petals from the center by pressing it to the film.
- Remove the organza and continue felting (stroking).Fibers of wool and silk should not move freely, if this happens - then again cover the blemishes with an orgasm and add foam and continue the process of felting.
- Turn the flower over and place the thin bright pink wool fibers on each petal, then cover with organza, soak with a soap sponge and repeat the process of felting.
- Remove the organza by holding the flower, then turn it over to the other side. At this stage, should get a dense canvas.
- Shape the petals by cutting off the thin tips, then smooth the edges with your hands.
- Put the flower in hot (non-boiling) soapy water and roll the flower in your palms.
- Squeeze out the water and spread the petals, then shape the buds with your hands.
- Bathe the flower in hot water, then in cold. A contrast shower will rid the flower of soap and give it strength.
- Wait for drying and use the decoration.
The original wool flower is ready! I recommend to watch this video!
Rose made of wool
You will need:non-spun wool for felting combed ribbon merino pink and green, felting needles, foam rubber, hot water, soap, brush, comb.
- Stir in a pink wool cloud, place it on the brush and nail it with needles. Thus form 7 identical petals.
- Lay the petals in a row overlap each other, then lean on the bottom a little. This area is circled in the picture.
- Twist into a roll and secure with a needle the base of the rose, confusing the wool.
- Make the receptacle (the lower part of the bud) combing the green wool and placing it on the brush.
- Stick the ladle to the bud, using a needle.
- Make 5 bowls in the same way and pin them with a needle to the base of the rose.
- Make a leaf and roll it to the flower.
- Wet the flower with hot (not boiling water) water and gently soap it.
- Give the ornament on the edges of the leaf, using scissors.
- Continue the process of felting, paying attention to each part of the rose, emphasizing the desired shape.
- Rinse the rose in warm, then in cold water, squeeze and dry.
A rose made of wool is ready! I recommend to watch this video!
You will need:non-spun wool for felting combed purple, white, green, green and yellow merino tape, film with pimples, hot water, soap, medium felting needle, bamboo mat, sponge, mosquito net or organza, scissors, sheet of paper, compasses.
- Draw a circle with a diameter of 18 cm on the sheet.
- Cover the work surface on top of the sheet with a circle of oilcloth with pimples.
- Separate the shreds of purple wool with smooth movements and lay them in a circle in 5 layers overlap each other.
- Lay out the white wool strands and turn the workpiece over.
- Lay out the green wool strands, sprinkle with hot (not boiling water) water and cover with mesh so that the wool is well saturated with water.
- Twist the flagella of yellow wool for stamens.
- Form a leaf of green and light green wool.
- Form a stem of green and light green wool, sprinkle with hot (not boiling) water, leaving a dry 4 cm tip.
- Lather your hands and roll the stem on a bamboo mat without touching the dry tip.
- Roll the stamens with soapy hands on a bamboo mat.
- Put the leaf blank under the net next to the flower and sprinkle with hot water.
- Ditch a flower and a leaf (smooth the wool in a chaotic direction) with wet, wet hands on both sides.
- Cut a small hole in the center of the flower and insert the stamens.
- Apply the dry part of the stem to the center of the flower and pour it with soapy water.
- Stick a leaf to the stalk and pierce with a needle the junction of the stalk with a leaf and the stalk with a flower and stamens.
- Continue felting the flower with wet soapy hands on a bamboo mat in different directions, creating the desired shape.
- Rinse the flower in cold water when the size of the flower decreases.
- Make 6 cuts along the edges of the flower, forming petals.
- Dump the cut sites, wetting the workpiece and rubbing it with soap.
- Rinse in warm water, squeeze, straighten and dry.
Exquisite wool flower is ready! I recommend to watch this video!
I recommend viewing a photo gallery of ideas for felting flowers made of wool with your own hands!
Flowers made in such an original way will be a wonderful gift. A beginner will need from an hour to three to try out this type of needlework. The finished product can be decorated, beaded, beads and ribbons. Felted flowers make exclusive jewelry, such as a brooch, barrette, belt decoration and bags.